Tuesday, January 26, 2010

... Grandma Welch ...

My beautiful grandma passed away yesterday. I still don't think it has really set in yet. I love my grandma so much. She was such a beautiful person inside and out, and I know there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for me.. all I had to do was ask. My grandma always put everyone else before her. She was so kind and caring and always made you feel welcome. When I went away to college she used to write me letters about once a week to keep me updated on what was happening in Paradise. I knew if I ever needed someone to talk to, I could always call her and she was always so loving and supportive of whatever I was going through. My grandpa is in my prayers, I can't imagine how hard this is for him. They spent the last 50 years of their life together. They depended on each other. I know my grandma is in a better place now. I had been thinking about calling her for the past couple of days and never did. I am kicking myself in the butt for it now. I know she will be loved and missed by many.

250

253

254

309

IMG_0371

023

015

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so sorry Whit! Losing a grandparent is hard. Your family will be in our prayers!

Mike and Katie said...

i am so sorry for your loss whitney. i hope your mind is flooded with wonderful memories of your grandma.

tyson and ashley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma Whitney! I hope you and your family find comfort in knowing you will be with her again someday! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Dustin Izatt said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma Whitney. All of the traits you told us she had I totally see in you so she lives on.

As my good man Abe said

"...I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming...I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon altar. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."

Brandi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, Whit! That is such a hard thing to go through... Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! These pictures of her are beautiful!!

Shayna said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. i hope you feel comfort in knowing that she's in a pleasent place.. your in my thoughts