Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beauty Tip Tuesday...

I get asked a lot by people what kind of products they should be using for their hair and on their faces. These are some of the products I know and use, and I swear by them!


Cleanser: Origins, Checks and Balances
Love this! I can't believe the difference it has made
with my lovely oily skin in just a few short weeks!!!
$ 18.50


Exfoliant: Origins, Never A Dull Moment
I use this every day! (my skin can handle it)
$25.00




Makeup: Bare Minerals
I just bought the Get Started kit a couple weeks ago and la la love it!
It doesn't even feel like you are wearing any makeup!
$60.00 ($175 value)




Shampo: Pureology Hydrate
I have been using this for about 2 years, I will never use anything again!
(it's the #1 color care shampoo in the world!)
$35.00 ( for 1/2 gallon)
Conditioner: Pureology Hydrate
Love it! It's minty and makes your scalp tingle!
$35.00 (1/2 gallon)


Eyelashes: RevitaLash.. I love mine.
It helps grow your lashes longer and thicker..
It has lasted me maybe 5 or 6 months and I can still get some out.
Here is the thing. It's expensive!
This little guy is $100.00!!
Spot Treatment: Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick
This little guy works like a charm for blemish's


$7.50


If you have oily skin (like me, but don't worry we won't age as fast because of it ;) ) here are some tips that might be helpful to prevent breakouts and blemishes.


- Wash your face morning and night. If I am wearing makeup I always do a double cleanse.. first cleanse to remove dirt and makeup, the second cleanse to really get down and clean my pores.
- Always wash your makeup off at night!
- Try using a different (and clean) towell to wipe your face with after you wash it.
- Don't pick at your face! It can cause breakouts to spread and get worse.
- Change out your pillow case every couple of days for a clean one!
- If you are breaking out on your chin.. it's caused by hormones!! We all love that!
- Always use a moisturizer! People with oily skin tend to think that a moisturizer will cause them to be oily, so they skip it. When you don't use a moisturizer it strips your skin of it's natural oils and your body starts producing more oil to make up for it! So find something light, and don't skip it!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

How very helpful! thanks!!

Jenny said...

I have the pureology volumizing shampoo and conditioner. Love it. So when I run out can you get me the Whitney deal?

Mary Kaye Olsen said...

Very good info. Thanks Whitney!!!I need all the hepful hints I can get!!! Lunch at my house Sunday, noon for Grandpa's birthday if you and Dan can make it.

Mary Kaye Olsen said...

Notice, I cannot spell?? Helpful!!!

Alex and Anna said...

ooo I liked all this info. i love bare minerals too its the best! I want to try that revalash stuff! thanks whit!

Unknown said...

whit that was all quite informative! I seriously enjoyed it! I'm probably going to try that face wash! Where can I get it?

Brandi said...

I LOVE my Bare Minerals Makeup! It's by far the best makeup! Thanks for the tip on the cleanser & Exfoliant. I am going to try it~!

Kera said...

sorry i am bored and blog reading :) yours is entertaining. my skin is TERRIBLE! I will have to try that. So you like pureology over redkin all soft. i have been using all soft for the past year . . .

you should have beauty tip tuesday every tues.